Wednesday, June 8, 2011

THAT STILL SMALL VOICE.

 Tonight I went for my run with Eva. It was sunny and cool and 7 pm. When we got out, there was a man that also got out of his car with his  preteen son and went ahead on the trail. There were many on the trail tonight and I was pumped just to be back on familiar ground. I thought nothing of it. Except a little voice said, " Watch him."
Well I didn't see him again until the fork in the path . He wasn't exercising , he was pacing. With his cell phone. Boy was gone.  And the little voice said Get away. Well, I WAS running and almost at the 1 mile point.....only 2 more miles to go.. I started pushing myself and pulled a muscle in my right calf...and that voice then said Stop. Go to the playground. Now mind you, my inner lazy girl is usually begging for me to stop and whining but not today. I quieted her down with my Ipod music. Still heard it AGAIN-LEAVE. JUST LEAVE.
 So I turned around. I just left. And that man had been following me.....he turned around when he saw me and pretended to talk on the phone. Eva and I went to the playground. And that is where his child was. I let Eva play and then we left. I was totally worried the whole time. I left when others were leaving. That man was just leaving as I got to my car.
I am still  a little freaked. And grateful . Grateful for that Still Small Voice- The Holy Ghost- that prompted me to safety.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are safe Ruth, that is the one voice that trumps every other voice there is, please be careful! I'm glad we run together, I thnk we are safer that way.

    ReplyDelete