Wednesday, February 2, 2011

leftover inspired Pasta!

SO ....felt uninspired...same ol boring food...could not just feed E or myself frozen burritos..Heres mytrain of thought stream of consciousness recipe!
.so I put the pot on to boil for  1/2 box leftover penne pasta...now for the sauce.....

I took 3-4 cloves of garlic, abt 4 tbs of sun dried tomatoes in oil and had 4 pieces of cooked bacon...that was just crying out to be eaten.....bacon should never be wasted!
I pulsed the above  in my processor til it was a paste ( go ahead add some olive oil...or more garlic...or whatever...)
Then I took good parm reggiano- you gotta use the good stuff...you will never wanna go back....
And shredded abt 3/4 cups
It was missing something...I had a lemon for the end, but I was looking, and found frozen chopped spinach~ thawed it, drained it and threw 1/2 box into a colander....poured the hot pasta and pasta water right over the spinach- instant cook!
Then added to now empty pot  a little olive oil on low heat add the tomato pesto... sauted like a minute - could have done longer- but did not want to burn precious garlic....topped with pasta and spinach mixture stirred in juice of 1/2 lemon and cheese...
IT WAS YUMMY....I  would even add red pepper flekes forr some spice but my dear daughter is three..and can be fussy! she loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment