Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Madness!

Why blog Monday ? I don't even know- but by the time I start blogging I usually have had a comedy of errors day! It makes me wanna blog!
it feels like a hundred years ago- but was  just last Monday.....

I started running with a friend.I am amazed at my body...I am going to run this 5 k for Susan G. Komen!

Yay! I am so not "there" but feel excited that I am in the "process". I still love my food, and so may always have some weight issues, but at least my heart will be healthy! I want to be HEALTHY.  Funny isn't it? We worry about how we look in our 20's and now I am .....ekkk....40 and I worry about how I feel......I think I like 40 better.

Dare I say its been frustrating moving my brother into my craft room- my midnight access is not there and I am a tad bit sad ......still good to have him home. And we will adjust. Got to do some more cutting and gessoing today for my class project. I like gessoing. Its therapuedic like coloring with crayons. You create a white background to put your personal stamp on, and I felt a little of Monday's stress fade away. Ahhhh....the painty goodness. I associate gesso with my mom- She would feel the need to paint and just gesso over one of her paintings she had already done as we were too poor for new canvas. I was sad more than one time that she did that- and that was who she was...its good to gesso. She would wear this old white button down shirt that on the back she had screen printed a tiger.  over time it would have paint splatters- she had it until she died.  I can still see her...leaning over a painting making it white again...

I am afraid of painting the backgrounds. I am a perfectionist in my scrapbooking and the backgrounds  in the class is well, more "free". What if it looks like a messy gloppy mess? Did I mention mess?  I  am hoping to paint tonight after the E will go night night....I am excited -I guess I need to make a painty mess tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment