Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring..COMING BACK TO SQUARE ONE

Ah, March! How I adore you! I love the craziness in the air...one day you are 70 degrees and the next we are freezing with rain that has been prayed for. I love knowing officially this month we will "spring ahead" and Spring will officially start. The tender tulips and  happy daffodils are pushing their way through cold and unyielding soil to make their tiny mark and burst forth in glorious color. They are the trumpeters of warmer climes.
I am a woman who loves the heralding of seasons. I love how Mother Nature glories in each season. Each has  a special way, and there is an excitement every time for me as I get to witness God's creations on Earth.

This month I get to be done with the casts. Tomorrow is my last cast...hopefully. And then I will be fitted for a brace.
In the process, I have been forced by the casts to slow down. Walking exhausts me and causes great pain with the cast if done for too long.  This, in addition to the stress of everyday life, has had me reaching far too many times to my comfort foods. And this has led me back to square one...the weight I was LAST  year at this time when I started thinking I needed to make changes.
Its disheartening. Its frustrating. It makes me feel a tiny bit defeated. But like those little daffodils, I am a happy creature, and I choose to think positive and make changes where need be.
So, a few weeks ago I cut out Diet Dr Pepper. This is HUGE.  Its been 2 weeks. But I have replaced that little happy habit with my Cadbury Mini Eggs. I have gained many pounds  because of those little treats. And usually I overindulge in April, which is secondary to my coping with my mother's passing. This year, Easter is early, and my coping has taken on an extra month. It is a EXTREMELY  difficult thing to admit last week I ate an entire bag in a day. I have a problem. I have decided to stop eating Cadbury eggs and REDUCING  candy treats until Easter. To help me stay and feel motivated I joined a friend's Biggest Loser Challenge through Facebook. There is a weigh in and I have asked to weigh in tomorrow before my cast is put on so that I can be fair. I have to post a pic of my weigh in. And nothing says motivation like a picture of your weight for 75+ other women to see. I want my thinner, healthier self back.
This next week will be most difficult, because I once again, will be weighted down with a cast, but later, with my brace, I plan on walking again. I have other high hopes, that I will keep to myself just now...
To offset the inability to really work out, I have chosen to be brutally honest on this Blog for all to see, so as to make myself accountable and I have chosen to reduce refined sugar treats. They are my weakness. So I gotta get rid of em. I had my first green smoothie today and it was delicious!
Theme for this year has been: NO MORE EXCUSES.... time to ante up!
Look for my  picture post tomorrow...weigh in for me.

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading your blog Ruth, and you are truly wonderful! I am not ready to give up Diet Coke (I fear I would overindulge as well), but I am ready to start exercising just a smidgeon of moderation in my diet. Great job on the honesty! love, alli b.

    ReplyDelete